MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggedy Jig!

We came home from Santa Barbara on Sunday afternoon, and now it seems so long ago!

It was a great trip, perfect weather, and so relaxing. Noey spent as much time in the hotel pool as she possibly could, and her new swimsuit was just right.
(I don't know why she is wearing the skirt so low on her hips!)


We went to the Mission Santa Barbara the first day. California 4th graders study the 21 missions, so Noey has been particulary interested in them this year.


We went to Solvang the second day and, of course, we had to have Aebleskivers! Yummy! (I made Noey's shirt)


and on the third day we went to the Santa Barbara Zoo. A great little zoo in a beautiful setting. (and once again, I made the shirt!)

This is my last week off of work, and I am making the most of it. Noey is off to the Aquarium of the Pacific day camp every day from 8:00am to 5:00pm, so I've had plenty of time to sew, sew, sew!! I planned to make an item each day, 3 down and 2 to go. The first three items I made are t-shirts for Noey.

This one I made on Monday. (Tuesday's and today's have not been photographed yet) I used a women's pattern, Kwik Sew 3338, in XS which fits Noey perfectly. I've made this one a number of times before (the purple shirt above) but this time I used Fold Over Elastic for the first time! It turned out so cute! I also used a twin needle for the hem (first time also!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home