MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

We're Making Monkeys!

We found this cute Sock Monkey fabric at fabric.com a while back. I'm going to make Noey some jammie pants for our vacation. (because we need all new clothes when we travel!) The color doesn't show well in my picture, it's a pretty light turquoise.

















So, since I'm making jammies someone thought I should also make an actual sock monkey!

This is as far as I got today because we don't have any stuffing!



I ordered a kit from eBay, but now that I've got the hang of it, I think I just need some socks to make a couple more. (I might have ordered 4 more pairs of socks to make an entire Sock Monkey family!)

3 Comments:

At 7:14 AM, Blogger Dreams of Yarn said...

Oh i LOVE these!! What a great idea, a monkey to go with monkey jammie pants!

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Oh how cute!!! I have a thing for sock monkesy - I guess all knitters do. I swear I'm going to knit one soon. :) LOVE that commercial with the toys that come to life and take the car out - that sock monkey is awesome!!

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Noey D. said...

"How do you like me now?" I love that commercial!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home