MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Monday, July 05, 2010

Lots and Lots of T-shirts!

Somehow I've been able to sew a lot lately! It seems to be a lot easier now that Noey is 10 years old. (Yikes! is she really 10??) Plus if she's getting something out of it, she's more likely to keep herself occupied!

I picked up 10 or so knits for $1.95 a yard from fabric.com recently and I've been whipping out a couple of T-shirts a week.



The first pattern I tried out is Kwik Sew 3036. Easy Peasy! Two pattern pieces; a front and a back. I used a ladies size XS. Super cute! My favorite is the blue stripe on top. With a pair of white capri's, Noey looks like she's going yachting! (just realized one shirt is missing! must be in the hamper!)

So then I moved onto Kwik Sew 3338. I've made 3 of these now. The black print from my jammies, a light blue one, and this one. (my favorite!) It's easy as well although the neckband took a little patience. I originally bought this fabric for me, but Noey loved it......so of course she got it. (two of her favorite things are argyle and the color purple!)



Next up is another version of Simplicity 4076. One that I will wear out in public! I love knits! Can't believe how easy they are!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home