MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Last of the Mohicans

(it's a family joke!)

I finished up the last two items needed for our trip. I started out at 9:00am this morning and finished them both by noon!

Noey requested a swim skirt to go with her new bathing suit. I winged it on this one, and it turned out pretty good. I just measured her tummy and hips, and then made a simple a-line pattern. I applied swimwear elastic to the waistband and made a narrow hem, and VOILA!


I haven't gotten her to try it on with the swimsuit yet, but I'm sure it will be cute!


I immediately moved on to my skirt. I tried the straight A-line idea again and this time it worked! I added more at the top and a little at the hips. This fabric is older than Noey, and I have no idea where I got it. It's a medium weight denim and I must've gotten a lot of it because I made a tote bag with it, and some other things as well. (how embarrassed would Noey be if I wore my tote bag with my new skirt?!)

Noey has her art class this afternoon, and then she and JD are going out to dinner. JD does not travel with us (ask questions before you marry!!) so they want to spend a little time together before we leave.

Hmmmm....I wonder if I could squeeze in one more project???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home