MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Monday, July 26, 2010

The "Fun" has caught up with me

and I am exhausted!

We spent all day today at the downtown museums; the California Science Center and the Natural History Museum. We saw the Mummies of the World exhibit. I was a little creeped out by it, but Noey loved it!
I should have known it was going to be gruesome when the guy at the ticket booth gave me the parental warning!

Noey and her BFF had a great time running from exhibit to exhibit (once we recovered from the mummies!) Here they are in infrared.


We also went through the Butterfly Garden and Noey made a friend. Seriously, they tell you not to touch the butterflies, but this one would not leave her alone!


So yesterday, after I finished Noey's swimsuit I immediately cut out and sewed up this top in between playing school with Noey, cooking dinner, packing, and cleaning up the house a bit. I sent Noey and JD out for ice cream last night so I could finish!



It's New Look 6979 in a lightweight cotton jersey that I got from fabric.com. I made this to go with my summer skirt made a couple weeks ago.

I just have one more item I want to make before we leave! A denim skirt in a cute floral print. I've had the fabric for years, at least 10! I have about 6 hours tomorrow before Noey's art class. Fingers crossed!

1 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Blogger Dreams of Yarn said...

I LOVE that shirt!!! Looks comfy and bright and versatile! I think I may need to source out that pattern and try one myself! Have fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home