MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

FO 31 and FO 32

So, yesterday I finally got off my bum, and the couch, and finished up my top. I tried in vain to fix the neckline; I steamed the daylights out of it, then ran it through the washer and dryer, all to no avail. The neckline is still wonky! I thinks it's a combination of the fabric being too heavy and being stretched out too much when I sewed it. It is now destined to be a pajama top!



While Noey was at VBS this morning, I cut out and sewed up a skirt.



Doesn't this fabric just scream "SUMMER VACATION!"? It's a Michael Miller quilting cotton, and I think I paid $9.00 a yard for it! That's a lot for me, especially for a cotton, but I fell in love with the print.

The pattern is Kwik Sew 3373 and it was Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy! I lengthened both the main skirt piece and the ruffle. I didn't want too much gathering in the ruffle, so I knocked off about 4 inches.

and now we're off to Noey's art class. She's going to be on TV! The theme of her class is Dogs, and a local cable tv program called "K 9 Corner" is going to come film the class. Unfortunately, it can only be seen in the city of Torrance, so we can't even watch the show!

Update: While Noey was at her art class I popped into JoAnn's to pick up a few things. I found the same fabric that I made the top with and bought some more to make matching pants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home