MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Sunday, July 25, 2010

3 More Days!

until we leave on vacation! I have been working my fingers to the bone trying to sew up everything before we leave.

Noey specifically asked me to make her a swimsuit for the trip, how could I refuse?


It turned out so cute! I used Kwik Sew 2606 and two coordinating nylon-lycra prints that I bought on eBay. I don't like that RTW swimsuits are only lined in the front or just the crotch area so I lined the entire suit with swimwear lining. Essentially I made a second suit out of lining, then basted the lining to the lycra wrong sides together. I used rubber swimwear elastic around the neckline, armholes and leg openings. Both the lining and elastic came from Sew Sassy.


I'm really happy with the results. It doesn't look home-made, and more importantly Noey likes it!!

In Other News


I have been knitting! I put together some small knitting projects to take on the trip, and thought I would just cast on a hat for Noey, just to get it started. Next thing I knew, I was done!


It's Katt's Brimmer pattern in Lion Brand Wool-ease Chunky. I started it Thursday night and finished Friday night! The hat itself is just a basic beanie shape with 1x1 ribbing at the edge. I really like how easy it is to do the brim. I have enough of this yarn leftover from some other long forgotten project, that I cast on another hat for Noey's best friend.

I've got two more projects I'd like to complete before we leave; a denim skirt and a knit peasant top. I have two days left, and I still need to pack, and we'll be gone all day tomorrow on a little jaunt to the downtown museums. Hmmmm....wonder when and how I'll get them done?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home